Arya had loved nothing better than to sit at her father’s table and listen to them talk. She had loved listening to the men on the benches too; to freeriders tough as leather, courtly knights and bold young squires, grizzled old men-at-arms. She used to throw snowballs at them and help them steal pies from the kitchen. Their wives gave her scones and she invented names for their babies and played monsters-and-maidens and hide-the-treasure and come-into-my-castle with their children. Fat Tom used to call her “Arya Underfoot,” because he said that was where she always was.
Arya II, A Game of Thrones
Oh honey, that’s just how old houses are. They settle. They sometimes creak or groan, or quietly weep, or demand blood sacrifice in voices that sounds like the fluttering wings of a thousand moths. It’s just the house settling. For whatever it can get. Go back to sleep.
Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno.
Where there are wolves, there are ravens. Ravens follow wolves around a lot, mostly because they just seem to like them. They aren’t known to follow other predators and they prefer to eat with the wolves instead of alone. Source
wait are you telling me that wolves keep ravens as pets
cause this is the most goth thing ever since My Immortal
It would be an easier way for the raven’s to get food. And I bet the wolf doesn’t mind the companionship either.
it’s mutualism! Ravens circle ungulate herds and wolf packs, wolves see them, find the animal faster, kill the animal and open up the carcass(which ravens can’t peck through), and then the ravens eat and the nice juicy bits.
oh, and the pet anology is back-assward. ravens play with wolves. and more importantly, wolf pups. you know how animals raised together from a young age are super tolerant of one another? ravens exploit that to get better access to carcasses.
yeah i was gonna say it sounds more like the ravens are keeping the wolves as pets
- if someone wanted to really understand you, what would they read, watch, and listen to?
- have you ever found a writer who thinks just like you? if so, who?
- list your fandoms and one character from each that you identify with.
- do you like your name? is there another name you think would fit you better?
- do you think of yourself as a human being or a human doing? do you identify yourself by the things you do?
- are you religious/spiritual?
- do you care about your ethnicity?
- what musical artists have you most felt connected to over your lifetime?
- are you an artist?
- do you have a creed?
- describe your ideal day.
- dog person or cat person?
- inside or outdoors?
- are you a musician?
- five most influential books over your lifetime.
- if you’d grown up in a different environment, do you think you’d have turned out the same?
- would you say your tumblr is a fair representation of the “real you”?
- what’s your spirit animal?
- which Harry Potter house would you be in? or are you a muggle?
- would you rather be in Middle Earth, Narnia, Hogwarts, or somewhere else?
- do you love easily?
- list the top five things you spend the most time doing, in order.
- how often would you want to see your family every year?
- have you ever felt like you had a “mind-meld” with someone?
- could you live as a hermit?
- how would you describe your gender/sexuality?
- do you feel like your outside appearance is a fair representation of the “real you”?
- on a scale from 1 to 10, how hard is it for someone to get under your skin?
- three songs that you connect with right now.
- pick one of your favorite quotes.
Rumple is collecting all of that power into the hat so that he can try and bring back Bae?
When Jon had been a boy at Winterfell, his hero had been the Young Dragon, the boy king who had conquered Dorne at the age of fourteen. Despite his bastard birth, or perhaps because of it, Jon Snow had dreamed of leading men to glory just as King Daeron had, of growing up to be a conqueror. Now he was a man grown and the Wall was his, yet all he had were doubts. He could not even seem to conquer those.